Make a little time for you this summer with our Exhale package. Enjoy two nights with us on our specially-designed Terra mattresses and indulge in a pampering 50-minute spa treatment at our award-winning Chill Spa. And, we [...]
The first in a collection of green hotels launched by MetWest Terra Hospitality, Hotel Terra Jackson Hole offers the exceptional amenities and services expected from boutique hotels, combined with environmentally sustainable building and operating practices to provide guests with a relaxing yet eco-friendly vacation experience. Hotel Terra is LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified, which puts it in an elite group of hotels in the United States. The LEED Green Building Rating System was developed by the US Green Building Council (USGBC) and is the nationally accepted standard for green buildings. LEED provides innovative strategies for sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.
Hotel Terra pushes its efforts well beyond LEED criteria and is continually developing its eco-friendly efforts to preserve and protect the environment in its operations while still offering an indulgent hotel experience for our guests.
Examples of LEED, and other eco-friendly elements in Hotel Terra Jackson Hole:
- 100% of our green hotel’s electric and natural gas power is offset with the purchase of alternative, clean energy including wind, solar and hydro sources.
- 100% recycled “Eco Shake” roof shingles, made from reinforced vinyl and cellulose fiber.
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) carpets and pads, sealants, paint, and adhesives; this dramatically improves air quality.
- Heating and cooling system also controlled by computerized building management system that allows hotel rooms to be powered down when not in use and calibrated for specific occupancy expectations.
- Superior air quality inside the building by circulating large amounts of outside air into the guestrooms and employing energy recovery technology which recoups 81% of the heat from the exiting stale air. The system also controls the moisture content in the air.
- Energy Star approved, extremely efficient windows, with Low E, a highly reflective coating that protects interiors from infrared light. This keeps heat inside during the winter and outside during the summer, reducing the need for energy used for supplemental heat or cooling.
- Water conservation systems: dual flush toilets, low flow water fixtures, waterless urinals in Men’s public restrooms, solar powered faucets in public restrooms and native landscaping requiring no irrigation -accounts for a 34% reduction in water use annually.
- 80% Recycled content in the steel used throughout the building structure.